Are you looking for a breakthrough in your life? Here’s the easiest way to see it happen:
Change your mindset.
Let’s breakdown the word “mindset.”
Mind: Faculty of our thoughts and beliefs
Set: To be fixed in a specific position
When we put this together, we see that a mindset is a fixed state of thinking or belief. So, to see breakthrough, we have to change thoughts and beliefs that have held us fixed or captive.
When I was 19, I had a strong fear that if I died I would go to hell. I had prayed the sinner’s prayer multiple times but still struggled with this fear. I was struggling with this mindset:
- I have to be perfect (or very close to it) to be accepted by God.
- I can’t struggle with sin if I am a Christian.
- God is looking for an excuse to condemn me.
- I have to know the exact date I was saved.
Over a sixth-month period, the Holy Spirit began to walk me through a process of changing my mindset as I read the Bible and other Christian books. This became my new mindset:
- I receive the righteousness and perfection that Jesus paid to give me. (2 Corinthians 5:17–21)
- The more the Spirit controls my life, the less I’ll be inclined to follow my sinful nature. (Romans 7)
- There is no condemnation on my life. God is not my accuser. He’s my Advocate. (Romans 8:1, John 14:26)
- God called me before I was even born to be His. (Jeremiah 1:5)
When it comes to breakthrough, the first shift often happens in our minds. We will go from one way of thinking to another. That is how we are transformed (see Romans 12:2).
Are you currently looking for a breakthrough in one of these areas?
- Habitual sin
If so, I encourage you to do this:
- Bring the area of concern before God.
- Ask God to reveal His truth to you.
- Open Scripture and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you in changing your mindset.
Leave a comment of the areas in your life where you want to see breakthrough so that our team can be praying for you!